As of my last update in September 2021, the most expensive infertility treatment is typically In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) with Preimplantation Genetic Testing (PGT). IVF is a complex and advanced fertility treatment where eggs are best infertility doctor in Dubai retrieved from the woman’s ovaries, fertilized with sperm in a laboratory, and the resulting embryos are then transferred back into the woman’s uterus.
PGT, also known as preimplantation genetic screening (PGS) or preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD), is an additional procedure that involves testing the embryos for specific genetic disorders or chromosomal abnormalities before they are transferred into the uterus. PGT helps identify healthy embryos, increasing the chances of a successful pregnancy and reducing the risk of certain genetic diseases.
The combination of IVF and PGT can significantly increase the overall cost of infertility treatment. The expenses involved in these procedures include:
- IVF Treatment: This covers the cost of ovarian stimulation medications, egg retrieval, laboratory procedures for fertilization, embryo culture, and embryo transfer.
- PGT/PGS/PGD Testing: This includes the cost of genetic screening or diagnosis of the embryos to identify healthy ones for transfer.
- Medication Costs: The medications required for the IVF process can also add to the overall expenses.
- Cryopreservation: If there are additional embryos after the fresh transfer, preserving them for future use through cryopreservation (freezing) incurs additional costs.
- Additional Services: Other services or treatments that may be necessary, such as egg or sperm donation, surrogacy, or specific fertility procedures, can further increase the total cost.
It’s important to note that the cost of infertility treatment can vary significantly depending on the country, the specific clinic, the individual treatment plan, and any additional services required. In some cases, insurance coverage may help offset some of the costs, but coverage varies widely between different insurance plans and countries.
Since medical information and costs can change over time, I recommend consulting with a fertility specialist or contacting fertility clinics directly to get the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding the costs of infertility treatments, including IVF with PGT, in your region.